Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Farewell to Phil?

In honor of Groundhog Day, I'd like to share with you some groundhog ridiculousness. An animal rights group is demanding that the famed Punxsutawney Phil be replaced with a robot idiotically referred to as iPhil. PETA claims it's unfair to subject the creature to the bright lights and huge crowds that come with the Groundhog Day tradition. Bright lights and huge crowds? Hello people, get a grip- this is the friggen backwoods of Pennsylvania not the Barnum & Bailey Circus! If you ask me, forcing the ugly thing into retirement is the only thing unfair about this situation. How will poor Phil support his family after this?

My favorite part of Groundhog Day is watching those top-hat tools manhandle the hairy thing. I guess I'll have to find another way to amuse myself next
February 2nd.



Quote of the day: "Phil is being treated better than the average child in Pennsylvania." (President of the Inner Circle of the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club)

No comments:

Post a Comment